[Ann Arbor] Le Dog
Le Dog | Yelp
Verdict: Cheesy Chicken Tortilla > Lobster Bisque
Will return: Maybe
This place looks as shady as the rest of the unusual population that tends to roam E. Liberty. But I did your homework for you so don’t be afraid:
- Contrary to the name, you don’t come here for hot dogs–you come here for soup. If you really want a good hot dog, cook one yourself.
- The entire place is literally contained in a box in the wall; you buy your food and leave. Unless you want to sit on the bench with the homeless, make sure you have somewhere to go to eat it.
- There is always a queue at Le Dog. Make sure you get there early because the popular soups run out fast.
- Open Monday-Friday 11:30am-2:30pm
- Soups are around $6-7 and you can add $1 for a piece of bread. CA$H ONLY.
This is the poster child of Le Dog. Everyone knows and talks about the lobster bisque here. I think it’s just okay. It’s good but definitely does not live up to the hype. I had it twice and both times it was a bit runnier and saltier than how I think lobster bisque should taste. There are small pieces of lobster in the soup, which is a nice touch. Lobster bisque is sold only on Thursdays and Friday.
Cheesy Chicken Tortilla
I personally think this is better than the lobster bisque (I am gonna get flamed for this). This is very hearty and has a variety of chunky ingredients to fill you up (chicken, broccoli, tortilla, no beans thank god). Don’t let it sit for too long or the tortilla will become soggy.
|Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Soup (via @shanghaigirleats)|